petek, 03. april 2015

My passion: Synthetic dreadlocks

I have really thick hair and uncontrollable curls. I have had long hair for all my life. Ok, I experimented with a little bit shorter hairstyle but I quickly find out that I look like a poodle. I also need to say, that I didn't dye my hair. I mean like NEVER in my life and I don't intend to do it any day soon. I love my hair and I don't want to damage them.

With years I got bored with my almost the same haircut all the time. I've started to look around what can I do and came across this synthetic dreadlocks that you just braid in your hair and get them out whenever you feel like it.

My first synthetic dreadlocks were made in a hair salon. At first I got just three, on the one side of my head. In a month time, I went back for three more on the other side. When I got bored with them, I simply took them out. Soon, I wanted more, but they were quite expensive, so I decided to try to make them on my own! I bought synthetic hair on the internet, I had an old hair straightener at home... I was good to go!





I actually did a pretty good job. I did 35 double ended dreadlocks. And my fiancé braided them in. Then I realise that so many dreads is just too much. My head was heavy and washing those dreads was a pain in the... I wore them for three weeks (I think) and then took them out.





The next ones were in purple-pink colour. I wore those for about three months. I braided them in my hair a few days before I went to Prague.





I this are my last dreads. Four plain black single ended dreads. I wanted to make red dreads but I need to order the hair. But on the other hand, I was always wondering what would I look like with black locks of hair. And I made just four of them, so my head won't be heavy.





This synthetic dreadlocks are one of my biggest passion and I enjoy doing them. We will see what will the next ones look like.


Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar